Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de> on 2003/12/26 21:25:31 UTC

XDoclet OJB module update

I've made some changes to the module, more specifically to indexes,
collections and anonymous references, so please test the new version and
give feedback if some problems occurred. The changes in detail are:

If there are fields with indexed=true, then an index without name is
generated in the torque database schema.

As OJB only supports anonymous fields, not anonymous
references/collections (following the repository.dtd), anonymous
references now implicitly refer to 'super' (no name attribute
anymore). Also, anonymous references are not inherited anymore.

The syntax for stating query customizers has changed to allow for
modification via ojb.modify-inherited. Instead of using a special tag,
they are now stated using two new attributes to the ojb.collection
tag: query-customizer and query-customizer-attributes.

The collection-class attribute is now only automatically specified if the
collection class implements ManageableCollection but not
java.util.Collection as subclasses of java.util.Collection are
automatically handled by OJB.

Tom

Re: XDoclet OJB module update

Posted by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com>.
In CVS there is a link the user docs to Thomas Dudziak's build and
usage instructions.

-Brian

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@first.gmd.de>.
On Fri, 2 Jan 2004, Brian Sam-Bodden wrote:

> Thomas,
>     Is there any place to find information about building the XDoclet
> OJB module?

You'll have to grab OJB from CVS, then you do

ant docs

in the OJB root directory (which will generate the documentation). You'll
get the xdoclet module documentation in the target/doc folder (file
xdoclet-module.html), which contains instructions on how to build the
module. Though you shouldn't need to build the module anew - a binary
version is in the lib folder of OJB, and the module is build against the
official XDoclet 1.2 final source from the sourceforge site, so you can it
together with all other modules from the XDoclet 1.2 final binary/source
version.

Posted by Brian Sam-Bodden <bs...@integrallis.com>.
Thomas,