Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Yogesh Bhardwaj <yb...@cis.ksu.edu> on 2003/05/09 18:15:40 UTC

Tomcat3.2.4/jdk1.4/SSL trouble

Hello Users

I'm trying to configure my standalone Tomcat3.2.4 for SSL support. I
presume I don't need to download JSSE jar files since I'm using jdk1.4. I
created a self-signed key and uncommented the SSL configuration part in my
tomcat/conf/server.xml, specifying the path to my .keystore file (it's in
my user home and not in Tomcat home). The "keypass" and "clientAuth" are
set to default.

I restarted the web server and tried to access a web page which I wanted
to be secure (https://........).

Now I'm facing a problem, the certificate comes up in Netscape 4.7, but
gives a "You are not authorized to view this page" error in IE 5. I
enabled SSL suppot in Internet Options, but still no success.

Does anybody have any idea where am i wrong? I would really appreciate an
early response.

Regards
Yogesh Bhardwaj

Re: Tomcat3.2.4/jdk1.4/SSL trouble

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
There have been reports against 4.1.x with problems with SSL+JDK1.4.x.  I'm
guessing that it is much the same issue (since the current TC 4.1.x
SSL-support is an evolution from the TC 3.x SSL-support).

Of course you realize that TC 3.2.x is no longer actively supported.  The
3.3.2-dev (aka nightly) should have all of the fixes for this.  It should
also show up in TC 4.1.25.