Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Martin van den Bemt <mv...@mvdb.com> on 2001/06/15 00:39:57 UTC

Ways of Debugging tomcat itself..

Hi,

Maby this question has been asked before, but I'm looking for a good way to
debug tomcat itself (not taling about servlets in specific). The environment
i'm using now is netbeans 3.2.
Does anyone have tips on how to debug tomcat (except for logging to the
console, that one I know..).
I would love to have an opinion / your experience with this. Doesn't matter
which environment you use or how you debug, it may be interesting to put
this in a document. If there is already some nice info on this, please also
let me know..

Mvgr,
Martin van den Bemt

Re: Ways of Debugging tomcat itself..

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Martin van den Bemt wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Maby this question has been asked before, but I'm looking for a good way to
> debug tomcat itself (not taling about servlets in specific). The environment
> i'm using now is netbeans 3.2.
> Does anyone have tips on how to debug tomcat (except for logging to the
> console, that one I know..).
> I would love to have an opinion / your experience with this. Doesn't matter
> which environment you use or how you debug, it may be interesting to put
> this in a document. If there is already some nice info on this, please also
> let me know..
>
> Mvgr,
> Martin van den Bemt

For Tomcat 4, you can start Tomcat under the "jdb" debugger by executing:

  $CATALINA_HOME/bin/catalina.sh -debug

Craig