Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Vinnie Vo <vi...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/01 07:58:45 UTC

Alternative for using Thread.Sleep()

Hi all,

I'm working on a project that uses AC. But It cannot be that we wait for
some arbitrary time to stop Camel.

Can you give a me an alternative for using Thread.Sleep(). Better would be
if I can get some progress status out of Camel!

Any suggestion will be appreciated!

Re: Alternative for using Thread.Sleep()

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 7:58 AM, Vinnie Vo <vi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm working on a project that uses AC. But It cannot be that we wait for
> some arbitrary time to stop Camel.

What is AC?

> Can you give a me an alternative for using Thread.Sleep(). Better would be
> if I can get some progress status out of Camel!

What do you want to do? Wait until some special condition occurs and
then stop Camel or what?
I dont fully understand what your problem is. Maybe write more about
it and maybe post some code snippets what you are doing.

You can use org.apache.camel.spring.Main as a main class to start
Camel. Then it will run until you hit ctrl + c to stop Camel.
Its in the camel-spring component which thus uses Spring as well.

> Any suggestion will be appreciated!

Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/