Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/13 15:14:26 UTC

Problem with continuum on solaris zone

We're trying to setup continuum for the MyFaces project.  We have a
solaris zone set up and we're having trouble starting the server.

$ bin/solaris/run.sh start
Starting continuum...
bin/solaris/run.sh: ./wrapper: cannot execute

We've tried running as root as well but the same result.  I know the
maven team has a solaris zone with continuum so I was hoping we could
get some pointers on how to tweak our zone so we can run continuum.

TIA,

Sean

Re: Problem with continuum on solaris zone

Posted by Trygve Laugstøl <tr...@codehaus.org>.
On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 09:14 -0500, Sean Schofield wrote:
> We're trying to setup continuum for the MyFaces project.  We have a
> solaris zone set up and we're having trouble starting the server.
>
> $ bin/solaris/run.sh start
> Starting continuum...
> bin/solaris/run.sh: ./wrapper: cannot execute

Did you download the continuum.zip file instead of the tar.gz?

Also, can you try to to run bin/plexus.sh which is a generic wrapper
around java. You won't get the advantages of the wrapper, but you're
able to check what parts of Continuum that's working.

> We've tried running as root as well but the same result.  I know the
> maven team has a solaris zone with continuum so I was hoping we could
> get some pointers on how to tweak our zone so we can run continuum.

If you want to you can give me an account on the zone and I'll check it
out. I did the original setup at the Maven zone so I should be able to
fix it.

--
Trygve

Re: Problem with continuum on solaris zone

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
run.sh in solaris directory use taniki java wrapper. This wrapper doesn't work with solaris 10 used
by zones. So you must start continuum on your zone with bin/plexus.sh

Emmanuel

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
It isn't ./run.sh but ./plexus.sh

Why other can start it? On Maven zone, with have set up a continuum user and add public key of some
users to this account, so all authorized users can start continuum with this command :

 > nohup ./plexus.sh &
in continuum/bin directory

I'm not a solaris expert, so i can't help you on setting it up as a service. Perhaps this link will
can help you : http://maven.apache.org/continuum/guides/mini/guide-linux-boot.html

Emmanuel

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.