Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Ollie Freeman <of...@ijento.com> on 2014/11/25 11:23:40 UTC

Local Cluster TImeout/Race condition

To Whom It May Concern

We are currently developing a prototype system using Storm to do our processing. However, for local testing we are using the LocalCluster class and when we try to start the test we end up with a race condition starting up zookeeper and connecting to it. The timeout seems to be defaulting to 400ms which is sometimes enough and other times not. Is there a way to alter this timeout or something else we can do?

We are slightly confused as to why it defaults to 400ms as the defaults.yaml file has:

storm.zookeeper.session.timeout: 20000
storm.zookeeper.connection.timeout: 15000

Regards

Oliver Freeman

RE: Local Cluster TImeout/Race condition

Posted by Ollie Freeman <of...@ijento.com>.
Hi,

I don’t have any yaml files for LocalCluster, where should I put the yaml file to get LocalCluster to load it? I couldn’t find any docs to help with this.

Ollie

Posted by Harsha <st...@harsha.io>.