Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Andy Konwinski <an...@berkeley.edu> on 2011/11/01 00:36:44 UTC

Re: git/svn and reviews.apache.org

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 12:13 PM, Benjamin Hindman
<be...@eecs.berkeley.edu>wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> A couple things:
>
> (1) I've gotten the Apache SVN repo up to
> date with github (Thanks Andy for pairing on this with me!). *This is the
> only place I'll be doing development going forward.* No more forked repos
> at Twitter, no more balancing between github and Apache! The workflow
> really isn't that bad. I setup git via
> http://wiki.apache.org/general/GitAtApache and everything has worked
> smoothly. It even looks like it's converting the git commits into SVN
> commits one-for-one!

That's great Ben!

> (2) Hopefully you all saw the lovely email from Andy
> that we now have reviewboard! Yipee! You should have also seen some emails
> regarding a review I created for MESOS-49. I'd like to see *both* patches
> getting attached to the JIRA items as well as a reviewboard review getting
> created. It would be swell if those of you that have outstanding patches on
> JIRA could make a reviewboard review as well.

Also, when Ben and I decided to have Review Board track the Mesos Apache
git clone, we were concerned that the git clones might not track the SVN
repo very closely (i.e. that there might be a big time delay), but this
page (http://www.apache.org/dev/git.html#git-mirrors) says: "These mirrors
contain the full version histories (including all branches and tags) of the
mirrored codebases and are updated in near real time based on the latest
svn commits." so hopefully we don't have to worry about that after all.