Posted to kandula-dev@ws.apache.org by Dominik Heller <Do...@gmx.net> on 2008/02/01 10:13:31 UTC

Kandula 1

Hey there,
well I still have a question regarding the TxHandler. So this is from the point of view from a service.
I have removed the TxHandler from the client-config.wsdd of the service completely and the transactionContext in the soap messages is still correct. So right now i am really confused. Shouldn't it be that way that the server-config.wsdd is responsible for dealing with the incoming soap messages the client sends to the service. As far as good, further I thought that the txhandler in the client-config would be responsible for adding the context to the outgoing soap messages e.g. from the service to the coordinator.

So I removed every TxHandler in both files except the <handler type="java:org.apache.kandula.geronimo.TxHandler" /> in the request flow of the server-config and it still works. is this correct?well apparently it is so the next question why is it working?

THX
-Dominik

Re: Kandula 1

Posted by Dasarath Weeratunge <dw...@purdue.edu>.
Quoting Dominik Heller <Do...@gmx.net>:

Whether it is at the server end or client end, the handler does the same thing.
This is not the reason why we have two types of handlers. If you want to test
what happens when you make changes to .wsdd make sure that there are no other
stray .wsdd files lying around and that the one you make changes to is THE one
that controls the axis engine!

-- Dasarath