Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org> on 2012/10/30 17:45:41 UTC

Nightly DEB/RPM Repos (was Re: Package Build Procedure)

Just wanted to rekindle this before it was forgotten.

For integration test environments as John B. mentioned below it would
be really handy to have repos with nightly builds for RPM and DEB. The
test environment I've prepared also needs DEBs and RPMs from master
for its runs towards 4.1. Since master's packaging is not working at
the moment it makes no sense to have these runs.

Is there anyone working on this already?

I've never done any packaging myself before, but will start looking
into it this week if others haven't gotten to it already. I'm guessing
I can start with the maven-to-rpm branch that Hugo had been working on
earlier as a start?

--
Prasanna.,

RE: Nightly DEB/RPM Repos (was Re: Package Build Procedure)

Posted by Hugo Trippaers <HT...@schubergphilis.com>.
Hey,

I moved the stuff I was working on in the maven-to-rpm branch over to master (https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-cloudstack.git;a=commit;h=4572bc0685bb4f81068fd431fd23db024b32f265). It's not complete yet, but it does build and package the management-server on a centos 6.3 system. The big idea here is to provide a reference example of packaging without waf.

Everything is put in the packaging subdirectory in the master branch. With the new rpms I was able to setup a system and connect it to some xen hypervisors and get a basic cloudstack setup going, but I haven't done any testing beyond that yet. Running package.sh in the centos63 directory should do the trick. I tried setting up the job on Jenkins as well, but I'm seeing some weird errors there that I haven't figured out yet.

Cheers,

Hugo

Posted by John Burwell <jb...@basho.com>.
Prasanna,