Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by "Wong, Cynthia L (398G)" <cy...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2015/06/02 16:34:44 UTC

Get Started w/ Radix to Adapt OODT 0.9

Hi, Paul & all,

Not sure it the deployment of 0.9 is ready yet. I'm moving on to check out OODT 0.9 anyway.

Following the following link

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OODT/RADiX+Powered+By+OODT

I did the following command:

curl -s http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/oodt/trunk/mvn/archetypes/radix/src/main/resources/bin/radix | bash

This works well to make oodt project. Then, I would like to make my own project.

How do I  execute radix after I set groupId, artifactId, version, and oodt version?

This is what I did. I checked out radix file.

svn export http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/oodt/trunk/mvn/archetypes/radix/src/main/resources/bin/radix radix

Modify radix file to set groupId, artifactId and "bash radix"

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.oodt \

    -DarchetypeArtifactId=radix-archetype -DarchetypeVersion=0.9 \

    -Doodt=0.9 -DgroupId=gov.nasa.jpl \

    -DartifactId=aimgo -Dversion=0.1

But, I got the following message.

[INFO] Archetype repository not defined. Using the one from [org.apache.oodt:radix-archetype:0.8.1] found in catalog remote

Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/oodt/radix-archetype/0.9/radix-archetype-0.9.jar

[INFO] Unable to find resource 'org.apache.oodt:radix-archetype:jar:0.9' in repository central (http://repo1.maven.org/maven2)

Is radix 0.9 ready? Let me know if there is other procedures to make one's own project.

Thanks,

Cynthia

Re: Get Started w/ Radix to Adapt OODT 0.9

Posted by "Ramirez, Paul M (398M)" <pa...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Minor note the tag is named "/tags/0.9-rc1/" in the URL.

--Paul

Paul Ramirez, M.S.
Technical Group Supervisor
Computer Science for Data Intensive Applications (398M)
Office: 158-264, Mailstop: 158-242
Email: paul.m.ramirez@jpl.nasa.gov<ma...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Office: 818-354-1015
Cell: 818-395-8194

On Jun 2, 2015, at 10:22 AM, "Mallder, Valerie" <Va...@jhuapl.edu>>
 wrote:

But you will still need to change the word "trunk" to the release tag when you do the export.

The export command to use when 0.9 is ready will look like this:

svn export http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/oodt/tags/0.9/mvn/archetypes/radix/src/mavin/resources/bin/radix radix

Notice that the word "/trunk/" is replaced with "/tags/0.9/"

Valerie A. Mallder
New Horizons Deputy Mission System Engineer
Johns Hopkins University/Applied Physics Laboratory

Posted by "Mallder, Valerie" <Va...@jhuapl.edu>.

Posted by "Wong, Cynthia L (398G)" <cy...@jpl.nasa.gov>.
Val, Lewis,

Posted by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com>.
Good Morning Cynthia,

--
*Lewis*

RE: Get Started w/ Radix to Adapt OODT 0.9

Posted by "Mallder, Valerie" <Va...@jhuapl.edu>.
Hi Cynthia,