Posted to user@helix.apache.org by Neutron sharc <ne...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/22 09:21:08 UTC

HelixStateTransitionHandler expected state mismatches with a partition actual state

Hi Helix team,

I keep seeing this error from HelixStateTransitionHandler when the
state machine is running.  It seems a partition's actual state doesn't
match with the expected state in controller message.  I'm using helix
0.7.1.  Here is my maven pom.xml:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.helix</groupId>
    <artifactId>helix-core</artifactId>
    <version>0.7.1</version>
</dependency>

[ERROR 2016-04-21 19:51:09,943
org.apache.helix.messaging.handling.HelixStateTransitionHandler:118]
Current state of stateModel does not match the fromState in Message,
Current State:MASTER, message expected:SLAVE, partition:
host1_Pool0_0, from: host1_admin, to: host1_disk1

[ERROR 2016-04-21 19:51:09,959
org.apache.helix.messaging.handling.HelixTask:143] Message execution
failed. msgId: 26c891b8-dd81-4e0c-8b99-6c62b856db5f, errorMsg:
org.apache.helix.messaging.handling.HelixStateTransitionHandler$HelixStateMismatchException:
Current state of stateModel does not match the fromState in Message,
Current State:MASTER, message expected:SLAVE, partition:
host1_Pool0_0, from: host1_admin, to: host1_disk1

[ERROR 2016-04-21 19:51:09,975
org.apache.helix.messaging.handling.HelixStateTransitionHandler:385]
Skip internal error. errCode: ERROR, errMsg: Current state of
stateModel does not match the fromState in Message, Current
State:MASTER, message expected:SLAVE, partition: host1_Pool0_0, from:
host1_admin, to: host1_disk1

Another problem I see is:  my ideal state defines a partition has 3
replicas, but the resource's external view shows sometime that a
partition has 4 replicas.

Thanks.