Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by mvkirankumar <ki...@db.com> on 2007/01/29 19:08:36 UTC

[AXIS2] AXIOM sample in user guide not working

Hi,

I just tried to make my own sample service by referring to the user guide.

============
Creating a Service From Scratch
Creating a service from scratch is not the most convenient way to do it, but
it does give you the most control. The process involves several steps.

The short story:

Create the service class, with each operation represented by a method that
takes as its argument a org.apache.axiom.om.OMElement object. (An OMElement
is how the AXIs2 Object Model (AXIOM) represents an XML element.)
Create the service descriptor, services.xml, which defines the class to be
used by the service and the appropriate message receivers.
Create the .aar file, with the classes in their proper locations based on
package and the services.xml file in the META-INF directory.
Deploy the .aar file by using the Web Administration application or by
copying it to the Axis2 services directory.

=============

I created a sample service, then a services.xml into the META-INF folder.
prepared a jar with .aar and put it in the tomcat axis2 services directory.

The service does not generate a wsdl.

when i access it using ?wsdl i get the following error:

  <description>Unable to generate WSDL for this service</description>
  <reason>If you wish Axis2 to automatically generate the WSDL, then please
use one of the RPC message receivers for the service(s)/operation(s) in
services.xml. If you have added a custom WSDL in the META-INF directory,
then please make sure that the name of the service in services.xml
(/serviceGroup/service/@name) is the same as in the custom wsdl's service
name (/wsdl:definitions/wsdl:service/@name).</reason>
  </error>

Then i manually generated a wsdl by java2wsdl. the wsdl gets generated but
not able to access by client.
Why is the specified sample not working out of the box.
can someone help me.

I have attached the relevant files as a zip file.

thanks
kiran kumar. http://www.nabble.com/file/6093/AXIOMHelloProject.zip
AXIOMHelloProject.zip