Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by "Martin Eppel (meppel)" <me...@cisco.com> on 2014/10/15 02:21:19 UTC

[Question] Maintenance mode in stratos (now and future) ?

Hi,

Does stratos has a concept of a maintenance mode, for example, is there a way to put a cartridge instance or even the octl in a maintenance mode and what will a "user" be able to do in the maintenance mode ?
An example of a maintenance mode would be that the cartridge would be not active (for example not taking any service requests) but would also not being killed by the octl ? Also, how would a "user" be able to move the cartridge back into the active state ?
Is there potentially  programmatic way to move a cartridge into the maintenance mode ?

Thanks

Martin

RE: [Question] Maintenance mode in stratos (now and future) ?

Posted by "Martin Eppel (meppel)" <me...@cisco.com>.
Thanks !

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.
Hi,

--

Udara Liyanage
Software Engineer

Posted by "Martin Eppel (meppel)" <me...@cisco.com>.
Hi,

I followed up on the discussion thread mentioned below ().

In one of the replies there is a “CLUSTER_INMAINTAINENCE_MODE” mentioned (see link below) – what does it do and how is it invoked respectively how is cluster moved back to ACTIVE (I checked the code but couldn’t really find it where this state is invoked)

The other questions I had are,

+  the MemberMaintenanceModeEvent puts a cluster member into the maintenance mode but it only seems to happen when the autoscaler scales down, cleans up the cluster through the InstanceCleanupNotificationService, and it is only an intermediary state before terminating the instance, is this correct ?

+ Are there any plans to implement the patching model which was discussed in the thread ?

Thanks

Martin

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/stratos-dev/201407.mbox/%3CCAFhGutJBUn-7FYOOhbQNwEiayr-YPzfnDs45=eEjs4gEBB+2yQ@mail.gmail.com%3E

Posted by Udara Liyanage <ud...@wso2.com>.