Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Milla Makelainen <Mi...@alea.ca> on 2006/02/28 01:50:13 UTC

Random java.io.IOException errors

Hi guys,

I saw an email on this subject from earlier this month, but there was no
resolution to it that I could find. I think I'm having the same problem
- randomly I get the following error:

java.io.IOException: Stream closed at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.getInIfOpen(Unknown Source) at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.read1(Unknown Source) at
java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(Unknown Source) at
java.io.FilterInputStream.read(Unknown Source) at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.readResponse(HTTPSam
pler.java:235) at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSampler.sample(HTTPSampler.j
ava:449) at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSampl
erBase.java:514) at
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPSamplerBase.sample(HTTPSampl
erBase.java:503) at
org.apache.jmeter.threads.JMeterThread.run(JMeterThread.java:247) at
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It's totally unreproducable, it happens on both GET and POST (HTTP
Request, using https), and for me it happens both when I have load and
and not. Number of errors is usually really low, like < .10% but I'd
really like to know what's causing this.

I'm using Jmeter 2.1.1 on Windows XP with Java 1.5.0-06.

Thanks,
Milla

Notice - The information in this e-mail is confidential and may be legally privileged.  It is intended solely for the recipient(s) named above.  If you have received this message in error, or are not a named recipient, please notify the sender immediately at + 1 (604) 685-7619 and please delete this e-mail message from your computer.  Thank you.

Re: Random java.io.IOException errors

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
This does not look like a JMeter error.

The most likely cause is that the remote server has closed the
connection or the connection has been dropped for some reason.

Check the remote server logs.

S.