Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by govind nitk <go...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/24 03:01:19 UTC

Boosting Documents using the field Value

Hi Solr,

My Index Data:

id name category domain domain_ct
1 Banana Fruits Home > Fruits > Banana 2
2 Orange Fruits Home > Fruits > Orange 4
3 Samsung Mobile Electronics > Mobile > Samsung 3

I am able to retrieve the documents with dismax parser with the weights
mentioned as below.

http://localhost:8983/solr/my_index/select?defType=dismax&indent=on&q=fruits&qf=category
^0.9&qf=name^0.7&wt=json

Is it possible to retrieve the documents with weight taken from the indexed
field like:

http://localhost:8983/solr/my_index/select?defType=dismax&indent=on&q=fruits&qf=category
^domain_ct&qf=name^domain_ct&wt=json

Is this possible to give weight from an indexed field ? Am I doing
something wrong?
Is there any other way of doing this?

Regards

Re: Boosting Documents using the field Value

Posted by govind nitk <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi Erick,

Finally Made it work.

bf=if(exists(query($qqone)),one_score,0)&qqone=one_query:\"google cloud\"

Thanks a lot for guiding, also reminding its not url escape.

No analyzers used.

Regards,
Govind

Posted by govind nitk <go...@gmail.com>.