Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Adam Bordelon <ad...@mesosphere.io> on 2015/06/04 11:42:04 UTC

Mesos 0.23 Release Planning Guidelines (Proposal)

In the spirit of transparency in our release planning, I’d like to propose
some guidelines for our JIRA use that will help us all track the release
progress together and discover where we can help out others. The Mesos 0.23
release will be gated by a few major features (SSL, Persistent Volumes,
Dynamic Reservations). Once these blockers are resolved, we will start
deferring unresolved issues by Priority and Status until we are ready to
make the first cut.

For details, guidelines, and helpful links, see
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WNvZqdoPn2SDIA_EMvTMn4DFkzrNC2t2xoDfDee7etA/edit
Feel free to leave comments on that doc. We can discuss more at the next
Developer Sync.

TL;DR: Set Target Version to 0.23, update Priority, Status. Find/be a
Shepherd.

Release JIRA: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MESOS-2727

Dashboard:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=12326227