Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Dirk Fabrig <D....@wika.de> on 2003/07/16 19:04:06 UTC

Integrate Jpgs in PDF witch Cocoon

Hi,

can sb tell me how to integrate jpg Images in a pdf output ?

Can i make svg graphics out of jpgs with Cocoon ?

Re: Integrate Jpgs in PDF witch Cocoon

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Dirk Fabrig wrote:
> can sb tell me how to integrate jpg Images in a pdf output ?

Use
  <fo:external-graphics src="file:///foo/bar/baz.jpg"/>
for files or or
  <fo:external-graphics src="http://localhost:8000/foo/bar/baz.jpg"/>
for dynamically generated stuff (the cocoon: scheme wont work).

> Can i make svg graphics out of jpgs with Cocoon ?

What do you mean? You can include a bitmap image in SVG, check
the SVG spec for details. If you actually want to vectorize
the image, this is tricky, but there are a few packages out
there which might be of use. Search SourceForge for Java based
OSS regarding this topic. Integrating this with Cocoon wouldn't
necessarily be easy though.

J.Pietschmann