Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jörg Schorr <jo...@portalys.ch> on 2001/07/30 15:01:02 UTC

Struts menu and ear deployment file

Hi,

I am currently investigating the struts menu and I am having some trouble
bundling it into a ear file.
In my ear file I put my war file which has the struts.jar and
struts-menu.jar in WEB-INF/lib, and I also put those two jar files in the
/lib of my ear file. The MANIFEST.MF of my war contains the class path to
./lib/struts.jar and ./lib/struts.menu.jar (I did it like this as I saw that
it is the way it should be done on the jboss mailing archives). It deploys
well, but at the execution I get a 'no action instance...'.
I saw on some archives it has to do with classloaders issues, i.e. the
problem can happen if it is not the right classloader who loads the struts
first. For that reason I tried to remove the classpath information in the
MANIFEST.MF, and then I had a strange problem too: without any classpath it
deploys fine (but does not execute, normal) and if I just put the
struts.jar, the deployment fails because it cannot find the
MenuRepository!!!

As anyone a working configuration for this situation?
Thanks a lot,
jorg

PS. I am using Jboss 2.2.2 with tomcat 3.2.2