Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/03 20:12:00 UTC

[DISCUSS] port of sdn gateway to 4.2.1

H Abhinandan,

At the moment a patch for pluging vpc private gateways is in
master/4.3. At Schuberg Philis we have it running as a special in
4.1.1 as well. Is it alright to port this to the public branch of
4.2.1? otherwise we will (need to) make a private branch (again).

regards,
Daan

Re: [DISCUSS] port of sdn gateway to 4.2.1

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
H Chip,

The scope in functional sense is small but not in kloc sense. I am
going to have to do the backport anyway, because we (SBP) are going to
run with it. It is not going to be a cherry-pick exercise is my
experience in the past, so hence the question on the list. I have
tested this in master and am running it in a patched 4.1.1. The
question is If it is just Schuberg Philis running vpc gateways on SDN
and there is no interest in this for the rest of the community, or is
there.

Also this is the final of a multistage patch that started out a long
time ago. So with a favorable advocate this would be a 'fix' of the
4.2 code. I won't kill anybody over it; it's only a matter of
principle, nothing more. I am not looking to change consensus unless
we are going for quicker and smaller iterations;)

regards,
Daan

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@apache.org>.