Posted to juice-dev@xml.apache.org by "Dittmann, Werner" <we...@siemens.com> on 2006/02/20 13:02:28 UTC

[JuiCE] Some information about latest state

During the last days JuiCE did another step forward.

Thanks to Berin the native part of JuiCE can be built
with VC++ for Windows and is available as DLL. Berin
works on some topics to make it installable.

Using a 64-bit Java 5 (JDK 1.5.0_6) and a 64-bit SuSE
Linux system I was able to create and test a real 64-bit
version of JuiCE.

We need some support to have real multi-threading tests
of the JuiCE implementation to see if the JuiCE OpenSSL
thread locking works on real multi-processor systems
(together with the Java part). Does anybody have such a
system "at hand" to setup a real thread test?

Regards,
Werner

RE: [JuiCE] Some information about latest state

Posted by Scott Cantor <ca...@osu.edu>.
> We need some support to have real multi-threading tests
> of the JuiCE implementation to see if the JuiCE OpenSSL
> thread locking works on real multi-processor systems
> (together with the Java part). Does anybody have such a
> system "at hand" to setup a real thread test?

It would be relatively easy to set up a load test against a Shibboleth IdP
that was using Juice for signing. However, I'd need some quick guidance or a
pointer to such explaining how to drop this into an xmlsec application.

To be honest, I've lost track of all the permutations of config.xml in
xmlsec and how to turn on alternate providers.

-- Scott