Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Alan Heselgrave <al...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/03 08:09:53 UTC

Language tool

Good morning, I have Apache 4 installed and I tried to get an add on of
language tool. I got a pop up saying this can't be installed. Do I have to
upgrade to another version to be able to install language tool?
Regards Alan

Re: Language tool

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Fri, 3 Jan 2020 09:22:11 +0000
Alan Heselgrave <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good morning Dave , I am at work at the moment, but I will give you the
> info I know. I'm using windows. Apache 4. The add-on was on the open office
> add one or extensions. I thought I could use the language tool whilst
> writing in real home. Or would it be better if I downloaded it separately
> then uploaded the finished document
> Regards Alan
> On 3 Jan 2020 09:05, "Dave AOO" <ao...@tasit.net> wrote:

LanguageTool is sensitive to the version of Java installed; there are details of which on the LanguageTool site.  It would be helpful to know the exact message you get - such message often give diagnostic information.  What version of OpenOffice are you using (in OpenOffice, on Help /About)?  You should be using one of the more recent OO versions; 4.1.7 (latest) or 4.1.6.

Rory

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

Re: Language tool