Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by Neelesh <ne...@gmail.com> on 2017/06/29 22:50:39 UTC

How do local indexes work?

Hi,
   The documentation says  - "From 4.8.0 onwards we are storing all local
index data in the separate shadow column families in the same data table".

It is not quite clear to me how the read path works with local indexes. Is
there any document that has some details on how it works ? PHOENIX-1734 has
some (shadow CFs), but not enough.

Any pointers are appreciated!

Thanks

Re: How do local indexes work?

Posted by Neelesh <ne...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the information Rajesh Babu, this is really helpful!

Re: How do local indexes work?

Posted by "rajeshbabu@apache.org" <ch...@gmail.com>.

Re: How do local indexes work?

Posted by Neelesh <ne...@gmail.com>.