Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jan Willem Penterman <jw...@shapers.nl> on 2002/08/17 21:43:45 UTC

CVS Snapshot: ConfigurationException

Somebody pointed me to the fact that I'd be better off using the most
recent CVS snapshot because I would get more support in getting problems
so solved (true), so I've taken a step back from my mysql problems,
upgraded to j2sdk14 en got the latest CVS snapshot.

Built cocoon.war with .\build.bat -Dinclude.webapps.libs=yes webapps

Put it in the right place, restarted Tomcat,
http://localhost:8080/cocoon

And this is what I get:

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Cannot
get component selector for 'transform' at
jndi:/localhost/cocoon/sitemap.xmap:377:59

Now what? :)

JW

WinXP
j2sdk1.4.0
Apache Tomcat 4.0.4
xml-cocoon2_20020817161906.tar.gz

Re: CVS Snapshot: ConfigurationException

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 17 Aug 2002, Jan Willem Penterman wrote:

> Somebody pointed me to the fact that I'd be better off using the most
> recent CVS snapshot because I would get more support in getting problems
> so solved (true), so I've taken a step back from my mysql problems,
> upgraded to j2sdk14 en got the latest CVS snapshot.
>
> Built cocoon.war with .\build.bat -Dinclude.webapps.libs=yes webapps
>
> Put it in the right place, restarted Tomcat,
> http://localhost:8080/cocoon
>
> And this is what I get:
>
> org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: Cannot
> get component selector for 'transform' at
> jndi:/localhost/cocoon/sitemap.xmap:377:59
>
> Now what? :)

The CVS HEAD is most of the time stable, but sometimes it is broken. So
you got a bad day ;-)

The problem was the upgrade of the Avalon libs on the friday(I think).

Stephan Michels.