Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Compton, Brian" <Br...@wmg.com> on 2007/08/10 18:44:34 UTC

[Trinidad] blocking=true

Hello. I'm running into a bit of a problem with my app. It was initially
getting ConcurrentModificationExceptions because users were clicking on cone
of more command button or command link components multiple times without
waiting for a response. The ConcurrentModificationException is not in
Trinidad or even related to Trinidad, but is in our app's code and occurs
because multiple request threads are running at the same time for the same
user.

I saw the "blocking" attribute on many of the Trinidad components and
thought that maybe that could eliminate or at least reduce the chance that
multiple request threads could occur. However, it doesn't seem like
specifying "blocking=true" always work. Does it only block PPR requests, or
does it block full page requests also? I could not find any detail
documentation on this feature, so if anyone knows of any please let me know.

Thanks!

Re: [Trinidad] blocking=true

Posted by Adam Winer <aw...@gmail.com>.
AFAIK, "blocking" in fact does nothing today, at least as
of Trinidad 1.0.2...  the safest approach is to wrap your app
inside a filter that synchronizes on an object in the session.

-- Adam