Posted to user@etch.apache.org by Juan Padilla Julian <jt...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/07 11:33:05 UTC

Scalability

Hi,

I have an Etch based product and i'm really surprised with the good results
that i'm obtaining. I think that was a great decision to chose Etch instead
of other technologies such as WS, RMI, R-OSGI, etc.

Unfortunately, i'm facing with a problem of scalability.

My product is a server deployed over an Equinox OSGI engine, and i'm using
Etch as a way to connect clients to the implemented services.

OSGI allows me to dynamically assembly my components, but to expose Etch
connectivity i need to use mixins each time that i have to design a new
gateway, to join all the sub-services of my different componentes into a
general service.

I have to use prefixes for all elements (methods, types, etc) of each
sub-service to avoid collisions in the general service.

I must also manage the possibility that a sub-service is not available,
because the corresponding bundle is not installed (with a
prefixUnavailableSystem in each method).

I have to design an authentication system for each sub-service and join them
all internally in a single implementation.

I have seen now in the roadmap that there's a new proposal called "Etch
Cloud Services" (Name service, URI and Router).

Can my scalability problems be solved by this new services?

When are they planned to be available for a production environment?

I take this opportunity to congratulate the Etch team for their excellent
work

Re: Scalability

Posted by Juan Padilla Julian <jt...@gmail.com>.
Ok, thanks.