Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "matias.giorgio" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/17 19:20:08 UTC

ActiveMQ transport stops responding

Hi everyone, I'm having an issue with ActiveMQ and I'm not being able to
solve.
It happens that after some time (it can be a couple of hours or a couple of
days, it's kind of sporadic), ActiveMQ stops forwarding messages and doesn't
accept more TCP connections. I does accept connecting through the JMX
interface. The values look ok through JMX (no high memory consumption on any
topic).
The system has between 20 and 30 components connected to ActiveMQ sending
Heartbeats every 3 seconds and some other random traffic. I checked that
hangs are not related to the volume of the other traffic.
Memory and CPU usage are normal.

Using:
* ActiveMQ 5.2.0 stand alone.
* Solaris OS
* JRE 1.5.0_15

I'm attaching
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/file/n3385271/activemq.xml
activemq.xml
It's J2SE, no app container.
I cannot attach any Exception due to the lack of it.

It only happens on one customer's environment and it's production so doing
some tests may not be allowed.

Thank you in advance,

Matías.

RE: ActiveMQ 5.2.0 transport stops responding

Posted by nnprasad <NN...@dwd.IN.gov>.
Yes / No

I tried with 5.4.2, and I faced this problem once.

I was kind of frustrated and created an issue in 5.4.2.

Thank You,
Nag

________________________________
Nageswara, thank you very much for your answer.
I noticed that in the comment added by Rob on 14/May/10 18:37, he said that upgrading to 5.3 solved the problem. Have you also tried that?

Thanks,

Matías.

________________________________
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/ActiveMQ-5-2-0-transport-stops-responding-tp3385271p3385555.html

Re: ActiveMQ 5.2.0 transport stops responding

Posted by nnprasad <NN...@dwd.IN.gov>.
I have been CRY'ing on this issue on this forum and and on FUSE forum
too...But no one is responding...

Ref:- http://fusesource.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=2795&tstart=0

http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Strange-Issue-Particular-Queue-Not-sending-Msgs-to-Consumer-tt3331634.html

http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Connection-Re-balance-Question-tt3325301.html#a3328303

And JIRA Issues:

WHAT SHOULD WE DO...and the danger is... it is still happening 5.4.2 too.

Pray God that it will be resolved.

Thank You,
Nageswara P Nakarikanti