Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org> on 2014/11/12 21:03:51 UTC

Help needed with MPIR-279

Hi folks,

I have prepared a working branch for that issue but cannot fix a test to
pass. It signals a NPE whereas a normal execution works as expected.
Is anyone able to figure out the cause? Otherwise I am not able to
proceed with this issue.

Branch: https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/plugins/branches/MPIR-279

Thanks,

Michael

Re: Help needed with MPIR-279

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.
Am 2014-11-13 um 12:07 schrieb Stuart McCulloch:
> On Thursday, 13 November 2014 at 09:43, Michael Osipov wrote:
>> Am 2014-11-13 um 01:40 schrieb Hervé BOUTEMY:
>>> Sorry, I tried but I'm stuck with maven-plugin-testing-harness too...
>>

>> I have committed another changed where I have missed to assigned the
>> localRepository. Though it gives me now:
>>
>> testReport(org.apache.maven.report.projectinfo.ModulesReportTest) Time
>> elapsed: 0.328 sec <<< ERROR!
>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Unable to read local module POM
>>

> Both subproject1/pom.xml and subproject2/pom.xml declare the following as their parent:
>
> <parent>
>    <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugin.projectinfo.tests</groupId>
>    <artifactId>dependency-convergence</artifactId>
>    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
> </parent>
>
> While this artifact is located in the parent directory, it’s in a file called dependency-convergence-plugin-config.xml so it won't be discovered by the normal parent rule of looking for ../pom.xml. Neither is it installed in the local repository (test or otherwise) which is why the error occurs about the missing dependency-convergence project.
>
> I verified this by adding the following line to the parent config in subproject1/pom.xml and subproject2/pom.xml:
>
> <relativePath>../dependency-convergence-plugin-config.xml</relativePath>
>
> I also had to change the packaging of dependency-convergence-plugin-config.xml from ‘jar’ to ‘pom’ otherwise it would complain about the parent having the wrong packaging.
>
> Once that was done the tests all passed.
>
> I’m not familiar with these tests, so I’m not sure whether these subprojects are really meant to have the dependency-convergence artifact as their parent? (if not then a simpler fix would be to create a new parent pom at the expected location, and perhaps move it and the subproject modules below a ’moduletest’ folder to make the hierarchy a bit cleaner).
>
> Anyway, hope this helps...

Absolutely magnificent. This did it. The POMs were incorrect in the
first place but this issue wasn't simply triggered. I have committed to
the branch and will proceed with the merge into trunk..

Thank you very much!

Michael

Re: Help needed with MPIR-279

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Help needed with MPIR-279

Posted by Michael Osipov <mi...@apache.org>.

Re: Help needed with MPIR-279

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
Sorry, I tried but I'm stuck with maven-plugin-testing-harness too...

Regards,

Hervé