Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by VG...@osc.state.ny.us on 2010/01/11 17:37:59 UTC

Wicket Wizard and HTML Validator for XHTML Transitional

We are a State agency  and using wicket. For us accessibility is a must.
We are using following DTD

HTML validator is generating 2 errors while using Wizard. This may change
our decision for not using wicket in future projects. We will appreciate
if we can get a solution for following.

Wizard component is adding "<input type="text" autocomplete="false"/>".
Throws error in HTML validator. Is it possible this markup is not
generated.
Second wizard is adding a span tag  as the top element . This throws
another error of span can not contain div or form. If span can be replaced
by div, this will solve our problem.

Error in HTML Validator
Line 27, Column 350: Attribute "autocomplete" is not a valid attribute
…en"><input type="text" autocomplete="false"/><input type="submit"
name="butto
You have used the attribute named above in your document, but the document
type you are using does not support that attribute for this element. This
error is often caused by incorrect use of the "Strict" document type with
a document that uses frames (e.g. you must use the "Transitional" document
type to get the "target" attribute), or by using vendor proprietary
extensions such as "marginheight" (this is usually fixed by using CSS to
achieve the desired effect instead).
This error may also result if the element itself is not supported in the
document type you are using, as an undefined element will have no
supported attributes; in this case, see the element-undefined error
message for further information.

Line 26, Column 118: document type does not allow element "form" here;
missing one of "object", "applet", "map", "iframe", "ins", "del" start-tag

…W6HS6hzs33mP32E1DHKLuZQKFw-y2fZVX5g"><div style="display:none"><input
type="h
The mentioned element is not allowed to appear in the context in which
you've placed it; the other mentioned elements are the only ones that are
both allowed there and can contain the element mentioned. This might mean
that you need a containing element, or possibly that you've forgotten to
close a previous element.
One possible cause for this message is that you have attempted to put a
block-level element (such as "<p>" or "<table>") inside an inline element

Notice: This communication, including any attachments, is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This
communication may contain information that is protected from disclosure
under State and/or Federal law. Please notify the sender immediately if
you have received this communication in error and delete this email from
your system. If you are not the intended recipient, you are requested not
to disclose, copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on the
contents of this information.

Re: Wicket Wizard and HTML Validator for XHTML Transitional

Posted by Martin Makundi <ma...@koodaripalvelut.com>.
You will want that autocomplete=false there... regardless it's not
'standard'. You really don't want browser's own autocomplete
conflicting with autocompletetextfield.

**
Martin

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
you can always subclass the wizard and tweak the markup in any way you want.

-igor