Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/24 15:04:08 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] A GCE interface to CloudStack

Hi,

I am quite pumped to announce a Google Compute Engine (GCE) interface to CloudStack.

Ian Duffy, Darren Brogan and myself worked on this on github over the last month. Our latest branch:

https://github.com/NOPping/cloudstack-gce/tree/refactor

Has been uploaded to pypi:

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/gcloud

A little virtualenv and a pip install gcloud will give you a Flask application, with OAuth2 provider and REST routes that map to the CloudStack API.
The routes are compliant with GCE API, which allows you to use the Google gcutil cli to talk to your CloudStack cloud.

Of course there are a few caveats that I will not mention, this is release 0.0.1, feedback and pr welcome.

Congrats to our two 20 year olds in ireland who are taking names up in Dublin !

Have fun,

-Sebastien

RE: [ANNOUNCE] A GCE interface to CloudStack

Posted by Frank Zhang <Fr...@citrix.com>.

> Thanks to all and Darren S for testing.
>
> I have not looked at the AWS query api in a long time and Frank's comments
> are beyond my understanding of it however if we wanted to do this, we could
> technically use the same framework has this GCE app. mapping the cloudstack
> api response object to the ec2 response can be a headache but not
> unsurmountable.

Oh, if we are talking about AWS query api, then forget my lengthy comments.
I am talking about creating a query framework in declarative way that can
handle any query for any response object.

AWS response object is tight and high denormalized, my approach is not capable
for it. Then we have to go back imperative way and your flask based framework
is absolutely capable.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank Zhang <Fr...@citrix.com>.
Yes it's SOAP.

Posted by Likitha Shetty <li...@citrix.com>.
Nice work you guys !

Darren, our current AWS has support for both query and SOAP.

Thanks,
Likitha

Posted by Darren Shepherd <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Frank Zhang <Fr...@citrix.com>.