Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2016/01/04 22:14:53 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK 4.15 RC1

Hi,

This is a  Apache Flex 4.15 release candidate 1. Please see the
RELEASE_NOTES and the README.

The release candidate can be found here;
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flex/sdk/4.15.0/rc1/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/flex/sdk/4.15.0/rc1/>

Before voting please review the section,"What are the ASF requirements on
approving a release?", at:
http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release <http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#approving-a-release>

At a minimum you would be expected to check that:
- MD5 and signed packages are correct
- README, RELEASE_NOTES, NOTICE and LICENSE files are all fine
- That you can compile from source package
- That the SDK can be used in your IDE of choice
- That the SDK can be used to make a mobile, desktop and browser
application

Please vote to approve this release:
+1 Approve the release
-1 Don’t approve the release (please provide specific comments to why)

This vote will be open for 72 hours or until a result can be called.

The vote passes if there is:
- At least 3 +1 votes from the PMC
- More positive votes than negative votes

If you find an issue with the release that's a "show stopper" please don't
hold off voting -1. If someone votes -1 please continue testing we want to
try and catch as many issues as we can and cut down on the number of
release candidates. Remember existing voters can change their vote during
the voting process.

People who are not in PMC are also encouraged to test out the release and
vote, although their votes will not be binding, they can influence how the
PMC votes.

When voting please indicate what OS, IDE, Flash Player version and AIR
version you tested the SDK with.

Please put all discussion about this release in the DISCUSSION thread not
this VOTE thread.

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache Flex SDK 4.15 RC1

Posted by Mark Kessler <ke...@gmail.com>.
Sounds greats, thanks for getting this moving.

-Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flex SDK 4.15 RC1

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

+1 binding

I checked:
- LICENSE and NOTICE good
- source files have Apache header
- no unexpected binaries in source release
- can compile from source

Tested on OS X, and was able to make a working SDK following the instructions (for FB). Tested a few projects including browser, mobile, desktop and browser using RSLs.

Posted by Mark Kessler <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

-Successful build from source.
-Successfully compiled small test applications.
-README, RELEASE_NOTES, NOTICE and LICENSE fine.

OS: Win7 64bit
Java: 1.8 64bit.
IDE: FlashDevelop 5.0.2
Flash Player: 20