Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Matt Goebel <go...@emunix.emich.edu> on 2002/04/05 21:37:48 UTC

Regular expressions and Redirectmatch question...

Hello,

  The following lines should, and appear to do the same thing, redirect
any references to a subtree of the htdocs directory.  The problem is
that if I set up the first set of redirects like the second one, they
fail to redirect at all.  Am I missing something obvious here?

RedirectMatch permanent ^/public/hperd/dance(/)?$ http://www.emich.edu/coe/
RedirectMatch permanent ^/public/hperd/dance/.*$ http://www.emich.edu/coe/

RedirectMatch permanent ^/public/labs$  http://www.labs.emich.edu/
RedirectMatch permanent ^/public/labs/(.*)?$ http://www.labs.emich.edu/

The setup which didn't work at all :

RedirectMatch permanent ^/public/hperd/dance$ http://www.emich.edu/coe/
RedirectMatch permanent ^/public/hperd/dance/(.*)?$ http://www.emich.edu/coe/

Thanks for any help,
Mattias

--
Matthew Goebel : goebel@emunix.emich.edu : Unix Jockey @ EMU : Hail Eris
Neo-Student, Net Lurker, Donut consumer, and procrastinating Furry Fan.