Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by rgavlin <rg...@yahoo.com> on 2008/03/28 10:32:47 UTC

Low-overhead Message forwarding strategy

1. In ServiceMix, I have a scenario in which I need to simply forward a
message from one endpoint to another. I am accomplishing this today using a
servicemix-eip wire-tap with no listeners configured. However, this appears
to incur the overhead of a message exchange store operation which I would
like to avoid. Is there a better way to forward a message without the
overhead of a Store?

2. I think what I would really like is a generic, low-overhead "proxy"
component that essentially allows me to assign an additional "alias"
endpoint address to an existing endpoint. Based on
http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-369, it appears something
similar to this was implemented specifically for the servicemix-http and
servicemix-jms components. However, I am looking for a generic "alias/proxy"
capability that works for all endpoints.

Any feedback you can provide regarding these two issues is appreciated.

- Ron

Re: Low-overhead Message forwarding strategy

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Why is the store a problem for you ? The default one is just an in-memory
map, so the overhead should be quite minimal.

On Fri, Mar 28, 2008 at 9:05 PM, rgavlin <rg...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> For my unique use case, I absolutely need to have two separate endpoint
> addresses. Given that, is there an efficient mechanism to forward the
> message from one endpoint to the other that bypasses the store?
>
> - Ron
>

> Gert Vanthienen wrote:
> >
> > Ron,
> >
> > Instead of putting the wiretap in between, couldn't you have your
> > consumer endpoint specify the producer endpoint as a target directly?
> > If the only purpose it to expose an existing service to the rest of the
> > world using a binding component, you even don't have to invent a new
> > name for it: the BC's consumer endpoint will be an external endpoint and
> > can have the same name as an already existing internal endpoint.
> >
> > Gert
> >

> > rgavlin wrote:
> >> 1. In ServiceMix, I have a scenario in which I need to simply forward a
> >> message from one endpoint to another. I am accomplishing this today
> using
> >> servicemix-eip wire-tap with no listeners configured. However, this
> >> appears
> >> to incur the overhead of a message exchange store operation which I
> would
> >> like to avoid. Is there a better way to forward a message without the
> >> overhead of a Store?
> >>
> >> 2. I think what I would really like is a generic, low-overhead "proxy"
> >> component that essentially allows me to assign an additional "alias"
> >> endpoint address to an existing endpoint. Based on
> >> http://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SM-369, it appears something
> >> similar to this was implemented specifically for the servicemix-http
> and
> >> servicemix-jms components. However, I am looking for a generic
> >> "alias/proxy"
> >> capability that works for all endpoints.
> >>
> >> Any feedback you can provide regarding these two issues is appreciated.
> >>
> >> - Ron
> >>

> > -----
> > ---
> > Gert Vanthienen
> > http://www.anova.be

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Low-overhead Message forwarding strategy

Posted by rgavlin <rg...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.
Ron,