Posted to pluto-user@portals.apache.org by Andreas Schildbach <an...@schildbach.de> on 2006/01/31 20:16:32 UTC

portlet-api.jar in shared/lib rather than common/lib?

Hello everyone,

I am trying to use Eclipse 3.1/WTP 1.0 for developing and deploying
portlets to Pluto 1.0.1.

My first problem is that WTP cannot find the portlet api classes,
because it searches only in common/lib, not in shared/lib. I'd like to
know why portlet-api.jar is located in shared rather than common, where
servlet-api.jar is located, too.

A side question would be why pluto-1.0.1.jar, which seems to contain
implementation specific classes, isn't located in server/lib rather than
shared/lib (where it can be accessed by all web applications).

Back to the portlet api problem: What would you suggest me to do? Is it
safe to move portlet-api.jar to common/lib? Or should I add an external
jar to my portlet project in Eclipse/WTP?

Regards,

Andreas