Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Arnaud G <gr...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/12 08:27:45 UTC

VolatileProvenanceRepository problem with 1.2?

Hi all!

I was trying to solve an issue regarding the slowing down of the provenance
repository by switching to the volatile storage as documented in the
documention and in various mailing list topics.

However when I changed the configuration to:

*nifi.provenance.repository.**implementation=org.apache.**nifi.provenance.*
*VolatileProvenanceRepository*

I received:

*Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to create Provenance
Repository*

*        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.<init>(FlowController.java:472)*

*        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.createClusteredInstance(FlowController.java:416)*

*        at
org.apache.nifi.spring.FlowControllerFactoryBean.getObject(FlowControllerFactoryBean.java:61)*

*        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.doGetObjectFromFactoryBean(FactoryBeanRegistrySupport.java:168)*

*        ... 41 common frames omitted*

*Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalStateException:
The specified implementation class
'org.apache.nifi.provenance.VolatileProvenanceRepository ' is not known to
this nifi.*

*        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.createProvenanceRepository(FlowController.java:869)*

*        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.<init>(FlowController.java:469)*

*        ... 44 common frames omitted*

*Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: The specified implementation
class 'org.apache.nifi.provenance.VolatileProvenanceRepository ' is not
known to this nifi.*

*        at
org.apache.nifi.nar.NarThreadContextClassLoader.createInstance(NarThreadContextClassLoader.java:195)*

*        at
org.apache.nifi.controller.FlowController.createProvenanceRepository(FlowController.java:867)*

*         ... 45 common frames omitted*
I'm running the official 1.2 build.

Thanks!

Arnaud

Re: VolatileProvenanceRepository problem with 1.2?

Posted by Arnaud G <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Pierre,

You pinpointed it, it was the trailing white space that I left with my
copy/paste... I didn't think about it.

Thank you very much!

Posted by Pierre Villard <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Arnaud,