Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/09 23:00:12 UTC

Solr Ref Guide for 5.1

Now that we're on the 2nd RC for Lucene & Solr 5.1, I'd like to ask
committers to please start working on Solr Ref Guide edits for stuff you
worked on in the release. There are a good number of new features and we're
all busy, but we need to get additional movement on some of the bigger
items.

The list of items pending docs are pulled from CHANGES.txt and tracked on
the TODO list (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Internal+-+TODO+List).
Please put your name under items you are working on, or feel free to cross
out items that are already complete or do not need to be added.

If you aren't sure your words are "good enough" for the Ref Guide, we have
an internal area for draft documentation to be worked on before it's added
to the Guide (
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Internal+-+Trunk+Changes+to+Document);
you are encouraged to add what you can there as a starting point. I'm also
happy to review or otherwise try to help, just let me know.

- Cassandra

Re: Updating CWIKI jdoc link macros -- was: Re: Solr Ref Guide for 5.1

Posted by Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com>.
Great, thanks Uwe!

I'll get started on the RC for the Ref Guide now.

Cassandra

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
FYI: Uwe replied to me privately a few hours ago that he had done this.

: Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 09:14:11 -0700 (MST)
: From: Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>
: To: uwe@thetaphi.de
: Cc: Lucene Dev <de...@lucene.apache.org>
: Subject: Updating CWIKI jdoc link macros -- was: Re: Solr Ref Guide for 5.1
:
:
[...]
: : Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 10:42:50 -0500
: : From: Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com>
: : To: dev@lucene.apache.org
: : Subject: Re: Solr Ref Guide for 5.1
: :
: : > On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 6:42 PM, Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com>

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
Uwe: can you please update the confluence link macros for the lucene/solr
javadoc urls to reflect "5_1_0" ?

>> To update the shortcut links to point to the current version, remove
>> and recreate the shortcut links with keys SolrReleaseDocs and
>> LuceneReleaseDocs , making their expanded values include the
>> underscore-separated release version followed by a slash, e.g. for the
>> 4.8 release, the expanded values should be
>> http://lucene.apache.org/solr/4_8_0/ and
>> http://lucene.apache.org/core/4_8_0/, respectively.  See the Confluence
>> documentation for instructions.  Note: Uwe Schindler says that
>> Confluence has a bug that disallows editing shortcut links' expanded
>> values - that's why you have to remove and then recreate the shortcut links.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Internal+-+How+To+Publish+This+Documentation#Internal-HowToPublishThisDocumentation-Pre-publicationActions

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Internal+-+Maintaining+Documentation

: Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 10:42:50 -0500
: From: Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com>
: To: dev@lucene.apache.org
:
: > wrote:
: > > Thanks Yonik. I think there are a lot of places that use 'curl'; not
: > sure if
: > > there will be time to fix them for 5.1, but if not we'll add it to the
: > > backlog list for future edits.
: > >
: > > Since you replied :) - are you going to have a chance to add anything on
: > the
: > > other new stuff you added, like SOLR-7214, 7218, or 7212?
: >

Re: Solr Ref Guide for 5.1

Posted by Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com>.
Before I put up a release candidate for the Ref Guide tomorrow, I thought I
would give folks a chance to help us check the formatting of the PDF. Steve
Rowe & I made some extensive changes to the stylesheet used to generate the
PDF and there may be some new issues we've missed so far.

http://people.apache.org/~ctargett/SolrRefGuide-drafts/SolrRefGuide-pre5.1.pdf

Please let us know if you find problems by adding them to the PDF Format
section of the TODO list:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Internal+-+TODO+List#Internal-TODOList-PDFFormatFixes
.

Thanks,
Cassandra

Re: Solr Ref Guide for 5.1

Posted by Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com>.

Re: Solr Ref Guide for 5.1

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.

Re: Solr Ref Guide for 5.1

Posted by Cassandra Targett <ca...@gmail.com>.

Re: Solr Ref Guide for 5.1

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
Additionally, one can use /query instead of /select in your examples
and people will get an indented JSON response by default instead of
XML.

-Yonik

Re: Solr Ref Guide for 5.1