Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by dvdface <dv...@hotmail.com> on 2008/09/04 10:24:13 UTC

How to use Grid Component?

I have a page having a grid in it.

the page class offers grid data to display.

how can I get the sorted data from grid component in this page class after
user clicks the title of column to sort data displayed in the grid?

Any ideas?

Re: How to use Grid Component?

Posted by Daniel Jue <te...@gmail.com>.
IIRC, the grid component stores a copy of the list which has the sorting
applied.  You'll have to look into the api to see if that list is exposed.
(if the list is not visible, you may want to extend the Grid component to
allow you to get it)

This could be useful if you wanted to export the tabular data as seen on
screen.