Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com> on 2005/10/13 15:29:33 UTC

Re: svn commit: r320762 - in /db/derby/code/trunk/java/testing/org/apache/derbyTesting/functionTests: harness/jvm.java util/copyfiles.ant util/derby_tests.policy

djd@apache.org wrote:

> Author: djd
> Date: Thu Oct 13 06:22:27 2005
> New Revision: 320762

> Log:
> DERBY-615 Switch to a security manager policy file with permissions set on a per-jar
> basis for improved testing under a security manager. First step in running all tests
> under a security manager. This policy file replaces the nwsvr.policy file and currently
> is used in the same way, for tests that invoke a separate JVM for the network server.

This is the first step in getting all (most of) the tests to run under a
security manager. Only the policy file changed, the number of tests
being run under a security manager remains unchanged. I tested with all
the four combinations of insane/sane and jars/classes. If anyone sees
issues with the change please e-mail the list and I will resolve them.

http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/SecurityManagerTesting

Thanks,
Dan.