Posted to bluesky-dev@incubator.apache.org by Samuel Kevin <lo...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/02 08:01:49 UTC

Can we start the first release now?

Hi, all:
    Since all the source code and API document is ok, and we will update the
official website with installtion/configuration/user guide/api document
recently. I've read the documents of Podling Releases, but i can't figure
out which is the first thing do we need to publish the release, can anyone
give me a link to a formal release example? thanks a lot!
regards,
Kevin

http://incubator.apache.org/bluesky/

Re: Can we start the first release now?

Posted by Samuel Kevin <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Luciano:
    Actually, i've read that. And i am just wondering that if we should
following the steps, like archive  mirror, then sign sigurenature and so on.
I just want assure thant what i am going to do won't make mistakes. Thanks
regards,
Keivn

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 5:24 AM, Samuel Kevin <lo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi, Luciano:
>    It seems like i should start a release vote in bluesky dev first. Is it
> right to do so now? Thanks.
> regards,
> Kevin

You will need to have a vote in the dev list first, once the vote
passes, then you will need to get the release approved by the IPMC via
a vote in general@.

I'd recommend discussing the contents of the release, choosing a
Release Manager, and checking if there is anyone still wanting to add
anything else, and then start preparing a release candidate. It would
be also good to find another C++ project and check their release
guides just to see if it can help you, and then document your release
process.

Note that, as this is your first release, and there was several issues
related to legal aspects of the project, you will probably have to do
various release candidates to get a good release ready and approved.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: Can we start the first release now?