Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@atosorigin.com> on 2009/12/31 18:34:19 UTC

[continuum] EJB 3.1 is out: brainstorming session

Hi,

David wrote some posts a week ago related to the new EJB 3.1 specification.

I'd like to know if there is a plan to go to EJB 3.1?
I mean, do we have a clear view of the gap between our implementation and
where we need/want to go?
I know that we already have a set of features implemented (at least
partially).

I guess if we'll need to release a major version if we add EJB 3.1 features.

What about all open issues?
IMHO, it would be nice to have a look to our JIRA and close not relevant
issues. Some of them has been fixed, some other have some patch file to
check and validate, etc ...
I gonna try to get some easy to fix issues and try to close them.
Some others are probably too hard for me;-)
That done, may be we should release the 3.1.3?

Finally, Jacek did some tests and went ahead with OSGI.
I spent a couple of time pulling some hair out. After some small tests with
Karaf, i believe we can make it work in an OSGI environment.
But, i spoke some month ago with Guillaume NODET and another guy from
servicemix and if we want to make OpenEJB OSGI ready, it seems we will need
to refactor some pieces of code. Anyway, i'm convince Jacek have a far
better overview.

I just wanted to point it out in order to check if we can manage OSGI with
EJB 3.1 tasks.

It's definitely another topic we can discussed by the end of January with a
beer (and may be more ...) ;-)

Men, Happy New Year!!!
I wish you (and your family) all the best.

Kind regards,
Jean-Louis

Re: [continuum] EJB 3.1 is out: brainstorming session

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@atosorigin.com>.
Jacek,

Good thinking!
Let's start with EJB 3.1.

I'd like to help as much as possible.
For me, a good starting point could be to read deeper the new spec.

Jean-Louis

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Dec 31, 2009, at 6:34 PM, Jean-Louis MONTEIRO wrote:

> I guess if we'll need to release a major version if we add EJB 3.1
> features.

That jump was more or less between 3.0 and 3.1.  At least our 3.1.x
releases have all had dependencies on new EJB 3.1 APIs.

> That done, may be we should release the 3.1.3?

Not sure.  I know there are some user issues I'd like to resolve (bug
fixes).  Would also like to get a chance to more closely pick through
Luis's changes (improvement).  And if I somehow manage to have time
after than, I really want to hammer on the JUnit TestRunner stuff that
Quintin hacked on (new feature).  I'm sure some of that will have to
wait though.

Where are we with the JAX-RS stuff again?

> But, i spoke some month ago with Guillaume NODET and another guy from
> servicemix and if we want to make OpenEJB OSGI ready, it seems we
> will need
> to refactor some pieces of code. Anyway, i'm convince Jacek have a far
> better overview.

Any idea what those parts are?

-David

Re: [continuum] EJB 3.1 is out: brainstorming session

Posted by "Daniel S. Haischt" <da...@googlemail.com>.
@Jean-Louis:

A gentle reminder - You should not be pulling hairs out... men have
issues with alopecia sooner or later anyway ;)

@All:

Hope you and your family are well and the upcoming year 2010 looks
bright to you :)

All the best!

Daniel