Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Igor Korot <ik...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/28 15:04:52 UTC

Upgrading the library

  Hi, list,
This is the first time I am contacting you, so please be patient.

My name is Igor Korot and I currently work as a contractor for the
company called Leidos.
What we do here is supporting the program called CPOF which is written in Java.

Recently we acquired the latest version of the program and upgraded
the Java version
from 1.6 to 1.8. Unfortunately doing so one of the Unit Tests started
failing. Failing Unit Test
is currently using the SVG image loading library.

Trying to find out what is wrong I started looking at the failure and
the stack trace and found
that running the UT under debugger I see that when the "Batik" library
is decompiled, the Android
Studio IDE reports that Java 1.3 had been used to produce the Jar
file. So I tried to download
current stable version of the "Batik" library which was produced with Java 1.8.

However, the problem is that when I searched the hard drive for the
references of the batik
library on my hard drive all I saw is that the library has only one
self-contained Jar file.
But the current archive after unpacking contains multiple small size Jar files.

Now my question would be: what is the easiest way to either produce
one big batik-all.jar
file or safely use those small-sized Jar files in place?

The best solution would be, of course, option 1 as then we would not
need to re-test the whole
program, but if it is not possible we can temporary switch to use
those Jar files to prove that
the issue is fixed and wait for the next version of the software to
properly fix it there.

Thank you for any suggestions you can provide and sorry for such a long message.