Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu> on 2007/10/15 23:04:33 UTC

Tomcat 5.5: org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig logs too much

When Tomcat scans for things to auto-(un)deploy, it has been logging
every check it makes, every ten seconds.  I realized that I have about
10GB of catalina.out that is mostly this chatter.  I'm currently a bit
baffled by the logging changes 5.0 -> 5.5 -> 6.0, so would someone
please help me figure out how to adjust logging.properties so I don't
miss important stuff, but I don't fill up my storage with:

Oct 15, 2007 4:51:52 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig checkResources
FINE: Checking context[/host-manager] redeploy resource
/etc/tomcat-5.5/Catalina/localhost/host-manager.xml

Typically when a software vendor says that a product is "intuitive" he
means the exact opposite.

Re: Tomcat 5.5: org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig logs too much

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
"Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu> wrote in message

>When Tomcat scans for things to auto-(un)deploy, it has been logging
>every check it makes, every ten seconds.  I realized that I have about
>10GB of catalina.out that is mostly this chatter.  I'm currently a bit
>baffled by the logging changes 5.0 -> 5.5 -> 6.0, so would someone
>please help me figure out how to adjust logging.properties so I don't
>miss important stuff, but I don't fill up my storage with:
>
>Oct 15, 2007 4:51:52 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig
>checkResources
>FINE: Checking context[/host-manager] redeploy resource
>/etc/tomcat-5.5/Catalina/localhost/host-manager.xml

In the default logging.properties (the one that ships with TC) there is a
line like:
#org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.level = FINE

It looks like you uncommented it out on your system.  Either re-comment it
out, or change the "FINE" to say "INFO".