Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Matthias Fischer <m....@abc-media.de> on 2001/11/13 14:20:38 UTC

FOP v.0.20.1/Cocoon v.2 rc.2 + Graphics

What a pitty, no marvellous solutions have been put into my mailbox before
this morning...

To balance this, my colleagues and I got a bit further: Anybody trying to
get usable documents out of the FOP/Cocoon engine should know: gif graphics
seem to work, but only in the fo regions "body" and "after"of an xsl
stylesheet. Unfortunately, the fo region "before" is off limits. Bad only,
because sometimes one would like to put a company logo or something like
this into the document header.

Ahm, I forgot: the same seems to apply to some tif's, but not to all. It
would be great if someone fit in "fopping" under Cocoon would take my
unwilling tif, put it into the region "body" or "after" of his or her
stylesheet and try to generate a pdf out of it? It might give us a hint to
where the problems with our system may lie. Please mail me personnaly, if
you can help us. I'll send you the file as an attachment.

PS: The unwilling tif was produced exactly the same way it willing brother
or sister was, i.e. out of Windows® Photoshop®, without any compression or
anything special.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Dott. Matthias Fischer
abc.Mediaservice GmbH