Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Saïd Radhouani <r....@gmail.com> on 2010/03/17 10:05:48 UTC

Solr 1.4 - Stemmer expansion

I'm using the SnowballPorterFilterFactory for stemming French words. Some
words are not reconginized by this stemmer; I wonder wether, like synonyms
processing, the stemmers have the option of expansion.

Thanks.

Re: Solr 1.4 - Stemmer expansion

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Stemming doesn't work perfectly. It's algorithmic, so there
will always be some words that don't stem as they should.
Perhaps you've hit one of those cases, which is what I'd
expect if the rest of your words stem correctly.

But since SOLR is build on Lucene, and the SnowBallAnalyzers
in lucene only have StopWords, I doubt there's an expansion list...

FWIW
Erick

Posted by Saïd Radhouani <r....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.