Posted to design@couchdb.apache.org by Michelle Phung <mi...@apache.org> on 2015/10/06 12:54:12 UTC

Confluence Try out

Hi Andy,

Good morning, I was looking at Confluence, trying to test out how a page/space will look, but I don’t have access yet.

Can you add me? my username is michellep

I am a little worried that this extra step of having people added manually will be a problem in the future, but I guess we can cross that bridge when we come to it.

I am also wondering if it would be possible to just open issues on Github and give design feedback that way? Currently our repo doesn’t allow opening issues.

Thanks!
Michelle

Re: Confluence Try out

Posted by Michelle Phung <mi...@apache.org>.
It is working for me, thanks Andy!

I put a couple of test pages up.
Seems pretty easy to navigate and share/comment.
I’ll try to set up more containers for each aspect next week.

Feel free to edit/ move the pages around if you were thinking something different. I’ll try to get some designers to sign up in the mean time.

:D

-Michelle

Re: Confluence Try out

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Michelle,

On 6 October 2015 at 12:54, Michelle Phung <mi...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>
> Good morning, I was looking at Confluence, trying to test out how a
> page/space will look, but I don’t have access yet.
>
> Can you add me? my username is michellep

I added you as a user with all needed rights. Would you please check if it
works?

> I am a little worried that this extra step of having people added manually
> will be a problem in the future, but I guess we can cross that bridge when
> we come to it.

basically, it's a 2 minute job for the user to create an account and two
minutes for us to add the authorisation. I don't think this is a problem.

> I am also wondering if it would be possible to just open issues on Github
> and give design feedback that way? Currently our repo doesn’t allow opening
> issues.

Github is just a mirror for the official git repo hosted by the ASF. I am
not sure if it is a good idea to use that channel. But what we could easily
use is Jira. Uploading screenshots or other stuff is easy and the comment
function will help discussing things.

> Thanks!
> Michelle

You're welcome ;-)