Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Faisal Shoukat <Fa...@sssworldwide.com> on 2005/12/06 17:58:29 UTC

No getter method it sayes

I get the following error when trying to load a jsp page:

No getter method for property action of bean
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN

After looking through various postings it seems that this is to do with
the getter method in the form bean however my form bean does have the
getter method in it and it is public.  In fact I have another JSP page
which does something similar which actually works with the same
property.

Following is my code in the jsp which it complains about:

In my form bean I have the following:

/**

                         * @return Returns the action.

                         */

                        public String getAction() {

                                    return action;

                        }

                        /**

                         * @param action The action to set.

                         */

                        public void setAction(String action) {

                                    this.action = action;

            }

What is even stranger is I am adding something to this form in the
multibox element further down the page which works fine if I remove the
html:hidden tag.

So the form and struts configuration is fine.

            <bean:write name="record" property="identity"/>

Has anybody any advise

Re: No getter method it sayes

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Faisal Shoukat wrote:
> I get the following error when trying to load a jsp page:
>
> No getter method for property action of bean
> org.apache.struts.taglib.html.BEAN
>
> After looking through various postings it seems that this is to do with
> the getter method in the form bean however my form bean does have the
> getter method in it and it is public.  In fact I have another JSP page
> which does something similar which actually works with the same
> property.
>
> Following is my code in the jsp which it complains about:

> In my form bean I have the following:
>
> /**
>                          * @return Returns the action.
>                          */
>                         public String getAction() {
>                                     return action;
>                         }
>
>                         /**
>                          * @param action The action to set.
>                          */
>                         public void setAction(String action) {
>                                     this.action = action;
>             }

You probably aren't using the form bean you think you are... Check your
mappings and JSP and make sure the from bean that's associated with the
containing html:form tag is actually the one you expect.

> What is even stranger is I am adding something to this form in the
> multibox element further down the page which works fine if I remove the
> html:hidden tag.
>
> So the form and struts configuration is fine.

>             <bean:write name="record" property="identity"/>
>
> Has anybody any advise

This doesn't prove the configuration is fine; you're using the 'name'
attribute in your html:multibox tag, so you've proved that there is a
scripting variable named 'pendingRecordForm', but that doesn't
necessarily mean that the form bean and this scripting variable are the
same...

L.