Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Varun kumar <va...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/07 18:47:42 UTC

Need some guidelines

Hi,

I have set up the HBase trunk in eclipse successfully.
Compilation is successful and create table commands are working fine from
the shell.

Now I would wish to add another Maven project say HelloTest and create a
new class with Hbase code(my own code).
How do I start about ? Could you please provide a few guidelines?

Varun

Re: Need some guidelines

Posted by Jesse Yates <je...@gmail.com>.
See the code in HBASE-6203 (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-6203)
for how to add a new module. Keep in mind that modules are _very_
heavy-weight and you should have a very good reason for adding a new one.

That said, we are trying to modularize HBase, so if you want to put some
work into pulling out some modules as per the discussion in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-5977, it would be great!

-Jesse
Jesse Yates
@jesse_yates