Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/05 22:55:26 UTC

Failure during testing move to emeritus

I've pushed my changes (including debug messages) to github/gitbox, so roster-emeritus branch is current.

Testing one of the current non-test emeritus requestors, I have a failure in memstat.json.rb.

_ERROR #<SyntaxError: /Users/clr/apache/git/whimsy/www/roster/views/actions/memstat.json.rb:22: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting =>
...ers_txt, message: message, env, _  do |dir, text|
...                              ^

I thought I had called multiUpdate with the proper information but obviously I missed something.

Can someone please take a look? The non-update-members.txt part also needs some review. I'm not quite sure how to call the svn mv command with the proper credentials.

Thanks,
Craig

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: Failure during testing move to emeritus

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
I'm totally lost. I'd like to use a method that fits Sebb's documentation:

    # DRAFT DRAFT DRAFT
    # checkout file and update it using svnmucc put
    # the block can return additional info, which is used
    # to generate extra commands to pass to svnmucc
    # which are included in the same commit
    # The extra parameter is an array of commands
    # These must themselves be arrays to ensure correct processing of white-space
    # Parameters:
    #   path - file path or SVN URL (http(s) or file:)
    #   message - commit message
    #   env - for username and password
    #   _ - Wunderbar context
    # For example:
    #   ASF::SVN.multiUpdate(path,message,env,_) do |text|
    #     out = '...'
    #     extra = []
    #     url1 = 'https://svn.../' # etc
    #     extra << ['mv',url1,url2]
    #     extra << ['rm',url3]
    #     [out, extra]
    #   end
    def self.multiUpdate(path, msg, env, _)

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Fri, Jun 5, 2020 at 6:55 PM Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've pushed my changes (including debug messages) to github/gitbox, so roster-emeritus branch is current.
>
> Testing one of the current non-test emeritus requestors, I have a failure in memstat.json.rb.
>
> _ERROR #<SyntaxError: /Users/clr/apache/git/whimsy/www/roster/views/actions/memstat.json.rb:22: syntax error, unexpected ',', expecting =>
> ...ers_txt, message: message, env, _  do |dir, text|

delete "message:"

> I thought I had called multiUpdate with the proper information but obviously I missed something.
>
> Can someone please take a look? The non-update-members.txt part also needs some review. I'm not quite sure how to call the svn mv command with the proper credentials.
>
> Thanks,
> Craig
>
> Craig L Russell
> clr@apache.org