Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/02 17:27:46 UTC

Re: Mahout and PMML

The ability to export PMML for streaming k-means, Naive Bayes and the
logistic regression classifiers would be useful.

Nobody has worked on this much yet, but demand, on the other hand, is
pretty sporadic.

Re: Mahout and PMML

Posted by Manuel Blechschmidt <Ma...@gmx.de>.
Hi Pranay,
as Ted already said there were already multiple times the request for PMML support.

I would recommend that you read all the JIRA issues about PMML they contain a lot of information what have happened so far:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-1041 Support for PMML
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-18 Embrace interoperability with other softwares

If you want to implement it go ahead and do so.

The following might speed up the integration of your contribution:
https://cwiki.apache.org/MAHOUT/how-to-contribute.html

Have a great week
    Manuel

--