Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Lior Shliechkorn <li...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/15 18:07:26 UTC

BRAIN GLICK: RE: Is there a bug in the setPrintArea()?

Brian,

I tried to do that it wasn't working right either. I want to be able to fit a report that is 400 pages with 3 columns being cut off so that each page prints correctly without the remainder columns causing the print job to be 800 pages.

Once I set the printarea to be from A to N, I can see that there is a bounding box around that print area, however, I guess I'm trying to make it work more as a page break(?). How can I modify the page break?

Thanks,

Lior

Brian Glick <B....@Freightek.com> wrote:
I don't know if you're trying to get the entire width of the spreadsheet
on the page, but if you are, try something like this:

//format sheet
HSSFSheet sht = wb.getSheetAt(i);
HSSFPrintSetup pSetup = sht.getPrintSetup();
sht.setAutobreaks(true);
pSetup.setFitWidth((short) 1);
pSetup.setFitHeight((short) 0);
pSetup.setLandscape(true);

Brian Glick
Freightek, Inc.

Posted by Lior Shliechkorn <li...@yahoo.com>.
How do I shrink the margins? That might help a bit. The font size is the smallest.

Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com> wrote:The pagebreak is automatic so I don't think you would be able to modify
them anyway.

You're trying to jam a lot of content into one page:
1) Shrink the margins
2) shrink the font size
3) Set the zoom % so things are smaller. (Adjust to 95% size..keep going
lower till it fits..)

Posted by Danny Mui <da...@muibros.com>.