Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Graaf, Edgar de (Fin)" <Ed...@ordina.nl> on 2002/02/11 09:37:57 UTC

Books

I would like to know if there are any books about Cocoon 2. It is they way
for open source projects to earn money isn't it?

Thank you,

Edgar

Book: Cocoon: Building XML Applications

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de>.
Hi everyone,

a couple of people have asked about Cocoon books - and in particular seen
references to Cocoon books on the Web - so we would like to tell you just a
little bit about the upcoming Cocoon book "Cocoon: Building XML
Applications".

Scheduled for release in Summer 2002 this book will be published by New
Riders (www.newriders.com).

Here is a brief summary of the contents:

- Building Internet applications
- XML based application architectures
- Installing Cocoon
- Cocoon Architecture for Users and Developers
- Putting Cocoon to Work
- Extending Cocoon with additional components
- Designing Applications with Cocoon
- Reference Manual of components and APIs

The included tutorials range from the simple hello world example for
first-time users to building a complete web application. The book is aimed
at a wide audience and aims to motivate the use of XML and in particular
using Cocoon to build XML based solutions.

The ISBN is: 0735712352 and the book will be around 400 pages and include a
CD.

Look for upcoming information on these lists or check out Matthew's Web log
(link below).

Carsten & Matthew

Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de
           Weblogging at: http://www.need-a-cake.com

Book: Cocoon: Building XML Applications

RE: AW: Books

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@s-und-n.de>.
> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
> Matthew Langham wrote:
>
> >Hi Edgar,
> >
> >I would like to know if there are any books about Cocoon 2. It
> is they way
> >for open source projects to earn money isn't it?
> ><<
> >There are no books _currently_ available. But several planned for the
> >Summer. Keep checking the list and you are sure to read the announcements
> >here first.....
> >
> >Matthew
> >
> Hehehe..... By crossing informations that comes from your posts, weblog
> and ".....", I guess there will be a nice book on Cocoon in next
> august... :-)
>
> BTW, any news about the portal components ?

Yes, some good news. I'm currently in the process of preparing the portal
and authorization components for the donation.
We will donate (check-in) them in the next week. So there are only a few
days to wait...

Cheers
Carsten

Re: AW: Books

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Matthew Langham wrote:

>Hi Edgar,
>
>I would like to know if there are any books about Cocoon 2. It is they way
>for open source projects to earn money isn't it?
><<
>There are no books _currently_ available. But several planned for the
>Summer. Keep checking the list and you are sure to read the announcements
>here first.....
>
>Matthew

Hehehe..... By crossing informations that comes from your posts, weblog
and ".....", I guess there will be a nice book on Cocoon in next
august... :-)

BTW, any news about the portal components ?

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez

AW: Books